Chun, Chinese toon, with its interesting roasted onion-aroma is most commonly combined with scrambled eggs.
The recipe for that, no big surprise, is pretty easy:
Fried Egg with Chun (Chinese Toon)
- 1 bundle leaves of chun (100-200 gram)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Take a bundle of chun leaves. Wash, rinse. Heat up a pot of water and blanch the chun leaves in the slow-boiling water for about a minute.
- Take the chun out, let the water drip off and the leaves cool down. When cool enough to handle, chop the chun leaves finely.
- Crack 1-2 eggs into a bowl, add the chopped chun, salt, and beat lightly.
- Heat up a bit of oil in a non-stick skillet (or wok), pour in the egg-chun-mixture, scramble and fry.